Coconut Ginger GranolaMay 15, 2011 at 7:53 am | Posted in Diet / Nutrition | 1 Comment
Tags: coconut ginger granola, gemparenting, grace mauzy, granola, granola recipe, healthy eating, healthy female athlete food, healthy food, healthy teen girl, healthy teen girl athlete, prerace food, recovery food, workout food
To be able to be my fittest and healthiest and to have my girls be theirs, I make our granola- What I made for the next two weeks or so-Coconut Ginger Granola. This is great for regular breakfast of course, but is particularly nice to have on hand for comp days- before, after, and even during the events.
Coconut Ginger Granola Recipe
• 8 cups rolled oats
• 1 1/2 cups ground flax seeds
• 1 cup grated unsweetened coconut
• 1 cup sunflower seeds
• 1 cup coarsely chopped almonds
• 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
• 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
• 2 cups sweetened dried cranberries
• 1/2 cup molasses
• 1 cup coconut milk
• 3/4 cup honey ginger spread
• 1 cup vegetable oil
• 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon ground cloves
• 1 tablespoon ground ginger
• 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Line two large baking sheets with parchment or aluminum foil.
- Combine the oats, flax seeds, coconut, sunflower seeds, almonds, pecans, walnuts, and cranberries in a large bowl. Stir together molasses, coconut milk, honey ginger spread, oil, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and vanilla in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then pour over the dry ingredients, and stir to coat. Spread the mixture out evenly on the baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until crispy and toasted, about 20 minutes. Stir once halfway through. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.